Friday, November 02, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I have been neglecting you but I just have so much on at the moment that I don't know where the time is going!

This OU course is wonderful fun. I have learned loads. I have the perfect excuse to go out skiving and taking pics. And I am taking better pics. I don't use the camera on just auto any more. I play about with the settings until I get what I want. This months calender is one I took recently. Just look at those colours!

I would recommend it to anyone. As part of the course you get PSE5 and loads of videos to learn to use it. Of course, it doesn't suit everybody. It is totally online so you have to be proficient with the computer to get the most out of it. There are no tutors, you are expected to work through the sessions on your own. However, there are forums with professionals as moderators and you can learn so much from both their comments and those of other students. All of this means there is no professional feedback on the photos you post. However, there are plenty of other students both better and worse than you who comment. You can lean a lot from them. And you lean a lot from other students photos. The whole course is designed to make you think and look at your photos in a different light. It encourages you to take photos of things and in ways you would never have before.

It isn't for you if you want you hand held through it, if you can't cope with a lot of time spent on the computer and if you can't set aside some time each day to study. There is a lot of on screen reading (although I printed mine off and read in peace on the sofa) and activities. It isn't for you if you expect "expert" opinions and advice all the way through. And it certainly isn't for you if you can not share both your photos and experience (or lack of it) with your fellow students.

However, I am loving it! Can you tell?

On top of that, Christmas is coming. Orders are coming through slowly and I haven't started my Christmas cards yet! I am also puppy sitting - Why did I say yes????? Scrapbooking has taken a back seat, along with a quite few other things.

1 comment:

  1. Your photography is great and I'm tagging you !!! You can find the rules on my blog http://littlescrapsofjen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.