Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Look what I have got!


Lots of them!

Yes, my books have finally arrived and I have 3 boxes full to sell.
I did have 5 but one was all pre-ordered so it didn't take long to get those sorted out and the other 4 fitted into 3 with a few left over.

I have taken some to the Library and will be taking some to the florists later. I will be taking more to the Museum later on in the week.

Now I can get back to what I do best ~ crocheting.

My Clematis now has over 200 leaves on it. There are still quite a few to be made but I am getting there. I was hoping to have them all done and sewn on by the end of the month but I think I may have been over optimistic.

I really need to get started on the flowers soon, otherwise it will not be done in time.

Monday, July 12, 2010

134 leaves and 4 buds later................

Yes, that is how many finished ones are on here.

I have finished wiring all of the leaves and sewn most of them in place.

And I have made quite a few more.

I started at the top with smaller ones as I decided it would be easier to make them and attach them as I go, rather than work out how many I would need and do them later. I can fill in all the other full sized ones later.

I also changed my mind about the buds. Doing them in the same colour as the leaves just didn't work out.

You couldn't see them.

So after a bit of research - sitting in the garden and looking at my favourite clematis - I decided on a paler colour.

Unfortunately, I already had it in my stash so I didn't have to go stash shopping.

I think you will agree, these buds show up more.

Mark says "If you had done it like I thought you were going to, you would have finished it by now."

Hmmmmmmmmmm, maybe so. But........

Yes Dear, but I have done it like *I* thought I was going to!"