Thursday, August 26, 2010

My 1st Flower

What you have all been waiting for - my 1st flower.

The flowers on this clematis start off a gorgeous violet colour and gradually fades to a pale lavender before the petals finally fall off.

The 1st flower is based on a newly opened flower.

I am using a technique called "Thread Painting". This is where you use two or more strands of thread/yarn together then change just one thread at a time to the new colour. This gives the effect of the colours shading from one to the next rather than an abrupt change.

I have used this technique a few times with gorgeous results.

I am using DMC perle size 8, two strands at a time, in 208, 209, 210, 211 and white. This one uses just 208 and 209.

I think the centre should be trimmed a little more though. The actual flower looks a lot neater.

2 comments:

  1. Your Clematis looks lovely
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo what a gorgeous bloom!! The hand made one is fabulous too

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.